This is a dessert that I made on my own for the very first time for a friend’s bbq. My mom normally makes this every summer, so I never saw a reason to whip this dish up myself. I’m used to eating really heavy, sweet, and rich desserts, but this was a big change for me. This is a great way for me to get my serving of fresh fruits (cause I rarely eat them).
My mom doesn’t uses exact measurements while cooking, so bare with me…
- 2 packages of vanilla pudding (each package has 6 individual cups. not the powder pudding mix!)
- 1 13oz container of sour cream
- 1 large container of frozen whipped cream
- 2 pints (or packages) of fresh strawberries, stems cut and sliced
- 1 pint (or package) of fresh blueberries
- 1 box of angel food cake mix
Don’t forget to properly wash your fruits! Start off by preparing the angel food cake using the directions on the back of the box, or if you’d rather make it from scratch, but I can’t help you there. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the pudding and sour cream together. Once your cake is finished, dice it into small squares so that it can easily absorb the cream mixture.
1st layer — whip cream
2nd layer — evenly spread angel food cake squares
3rd layer — evenly spread sliced/diced strawberries and blueberries
4th layer – top with the pudding & sour cream mixture
It shouldn’t be that hard, just eyeball everything as you go and make it work according to your needs and taste buds! It will look more uniform on the outside as you get higher.